Thursday, July 23, 2009

~What-Cha Lookin' At?~

Tyler is starting to figure out that he has hands at the ends of those chubby-whubby arms. And recently started to grab everything in his reach. Today he discovered his new BFF the monkey that dangles from his car seat that seems to follow him everywhere... I decided to take Mr. Monkey off of the car seat and let Ty play with him - you know, up close.

I now recognize that Tyler saw Mr. Monkey as a threat to his own cuteness. He was "talking" to Mr. Monkey in a not-so-cute tone and was looking at him very sternly in the process... I believe there was something to this effect going on...

Tyler's inner monologue: "Look Dude, this is my space, my Mommy, my time... basically - My Show. I am not quite sure what you are doing here or what you are trying to prove, but I am bigger than you and cuter than you could ever hope to be. That being said, please take you place back on the car seat... we'll talk next time we go out... Get it?"...

And just to be sure Mr. Monkey understood that Tyler meant business, he gave him a little nibble....
Hopefully, Mr. Monkey took the point...

1 comment:

  1. He is growing so fast.....the whole fascination with his hands is awesome! No monkey could ever be as cute as you are so just accept him as a friend and no biting dude....Monkeys can bite back!
    He's definitely got his daddy's forehead with the frown wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete