Thursday, July 23, 2009

~First Hair Cut~

So, what started out as a week of huge milestones has yet to finish, but up to this point I should share my Little Princess' HUGE "Big Girl" moment.

For those of you who know me, you know that I have been terrified to cut my baby's hair. It is just beautiful as it is - flowing, ringlet curls at the bottom, perfect highlights - I did not want to mess with Mother Nature in changing that... With the exception of her bangs, there was never so much as a snip before Tuesday. Then my "Big Girl" decided that she did not want me combing, brushing or to even think about fixing her hair. Me, being the Mom, and being waaaayyyy smarter, decided that I would "scare" the brush to her head.

Our conversation went like this:

Me: "...if you don't let Mommy do your hair, it will get really tangled and if that is what you want we should just cut it..."

Katelyne: "Ok"

Me: "Are you sure? Then you may not have these pretty curls at the bottom..." (A little shakey)

Katelyne: "Ok"

Me: "Alright then, we will cut your hair - are you sure you want too?!?!!?"

*Please say no, please say no, please say no.....*

Katelyne: "Yes Mommy"

So, we did:

Brother watched amusingly....

yes, I cried.... DOES SHE NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED HER HAIR?!?!?!?! What about me?!?!?!?! Why isn't anyone concerned about Mom?!


In the end, I had them cut about an inch. I chickened out and I really was in denial that my little one would call my bluff! I was traumatized! And look how big she looks! They gave her Princess Braids with a pretty purple ribbon and glitter.... I failed.

Why couldn't she be like every other kid and run scared of a hair cut?

1 comment:

  1. WOW our Princess looks like a little girl now! So beautiful! Miss Katelyne this was a great decision and I know your mommy is ok with it now....but you do look so grown up.....

    ReplyDelete