Monday, October 12, 2009

~Lucy In The Sky...~

..With Diamonds!!!

I NEVER thought my kids would EVER have an interest in anything I loved growing up... Fraggle Rock, Strawberry Shorkcake, Boyz II Men, Vanilla Ice... you know, '90's Baby! And I am sure my parents thought the same about me - but growing up in my parents house you had no choice but to listen to, sing and dance with REO Speedwagon, Tom Petty and.... THE BEATLES (insert: *collective girl scream!!!*)

My brother recently purchase The Beatles: Rock Band. I am sooooooo past being a 12 year old girl and playing video games, but THIS. IS. AWESOME.

It includes a microphone, guitar and drums. You watch the screen and follow along to your part - ours went something like this:

Me: Guitar (No record scores made here, but I was tappin' my foot and bobbin' my head as you are supposed to - I forgot to check style points - I would have won.)

Grammie: Vocals (Yeah.... that is were all concentration is lost. It is a perpetual Flower Fest, complete with screeching cats...... )
Katelyne: Drums!!! She rocked it!! My baby was concentrating to the fullest. She is bound for MIT... because she is smart, not because she can play the drums, because she has focus!
Watch, and be amazed......Just for those of you trying to remember the words as you read this: *you're welcome*

Picture yourself in a boat on a river, With tangerine trees and marmalade skies Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly, A girl with kaleidoscope eyes. Cellophane flowers of yellow and green, Towering over your head. Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes, And she's gone. Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain Where rocking horse people eat marshmellow pies, Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers, That grow so incredibly high. Newspaper taxis appear on the shore, Waiting to take you away. Climb in the back with your head in the clouds, And you're gone. Lucy in the sky with diamonds, Picture yourself on a train in a station, With plasticine porters with looking glass ties, Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle, The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember the last time we had such a fun night....and my drummer Miss Katelyne rocked the drums.....a fun time was totally had by all...inspite of my vocals :-)

    ReplyDelete